Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crochet Guild of America

Yay! I finally joined the Crochet Guild of America. I have no idea why it took me so long; I've been crocheting for years. The price is very reasonable, and I get 6 issues of Crochet! magazine every year.
I also decided to enroll in the CGOA Masters Program. The program involves following a workbook to create 48 judge-worthy swatches. All the swatches are assembled into a portfolio and mailed back to the Masters Committee. The portfolio is judged, and - hopefully - I graduate from the program.
While I was on the CGOA website, I browsed through the pages for the Knit and Crochet Show. Oh, how I wish I could go to the Fall show in Greensboro, NC!! Well, it's not in the cards this year, but maybe next year I can go to one of the shows (as long as I have a travel buddy to split the hotel cost with me!).
In other news, I started another top (no, I haven't finished the other one). I'm doing the Zipline Shell from the Summer 2011 issue of Interweave Crochet. I bought the Cascade Ultra Pima from Park Avenue Yarns, as well a wonderful new Laurel Hill crochet hook. I really did want to buy a Brittany hook, since they are made in the USA, but they are too long and thin, with no thumb rest. I crochet tightly, more so with slippery cottons like the Ultra Pima, so I knew I'd break them pretty easily. The Laurel Hill hook really is a dream to work with, though. I'm glad I bought it!
I'll get pics up when I can; Big Boy played around with the camera and ran my batteries down, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment